7 Must-Have Tips for Managing Excellent Oral Health in 2023
When you think about the evolution of technology, it is hard to miss its impact on medicine. Health providers are constantly upgrading their skill sets to incorporate dynamic technological advancements. The good news is that in 2023, you have a chance to partake in the latest trends for minting excellent oral health.
Why Is Dental Health So Important?
Any professional dentist near you will emphasize good oral health because they understand its value to your entire life. Some of the reasons that make dental health so crucial are:
- The mouth is the first contact point of most things that make their way into your body.
- Dental experts can diagnose different health problems by considering your oral health.
- A smile is among the first things people notice when they engage with you.
- Infections in your mouth can translate to severe health problems, including strokes and heart attacks.
- Excellent dental health often translates to high self-confidence.
- Teeth are built to last a lifetime but hardly do.
Dental Health Measures to Incorporate in Your Resolutions in 2023
Before setting any resolutions regarding your oral health, understand that it is perfectly okay to seek help from the best dentist in Coppell, TX. If anything, their insights will help you prioritize the dental care measures that would work best for you.
Routine dental appointments
– Add it to your calendar to visit a dentist once every three or six months. Routine dental checkups and cleanings are fundamental for excellent oral health.
Upgrade your cleaning tool kit
– The essentials for keeping a clean mouth are a toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and mouthwash. Ensure you choose the best qualities of the cleaning products.
Replace your toothbrush regularly
– Dentists recommend changing your toothbrush every three months. While at it, ensure you get a good-quality toothbrush that is not too hard or too soft. A hard-bristled toothbrush will hurt your gums and cause tooth sensitivity. Meanwhile, if your toothbrush is too soft, it is inefficient for cleaning teeth.
Brush your teeth at least twice daily
– It is better to brush after every meal, particularly if you love heavily pigmented foods.
Drink plenty of water
– It will benefit both your oral and general body health. Water reduces acidity in the mouth, complementing your saliva. Besides, water dislodges loose debris and flushes out toxins and residues.
– It is an understatement to say that your food choices affect your dental health. The mouth is the first contact point for foods. Therefore, they are significantly affected by sugars, salts, spices, and other flavors present in foods.
Besides, eating healthily provides your mouth and body with the necessary nutrients to remain healthy. Some of the foods you should reduce consumption in your diet in 2023 are:
- Sugary foods and drinks, like candies, sodas, and sweetened beverages
- Hard foods that can crack or break your teeth, like popcorn kernels and ice cubes
- Alcoholic beverages, like wine
- Sticky foods like caramel, gummy bears, or chewing gum
- Simple carbohydrates like potato chips, white bread, and other refined starchy foods.
Abandon poor oral habits
– The most notorious ones are smoking and taking alcohol. They stain teeth, heighten inflammation, increase your risk of oral infections, and cause bad breath.
Aside from those habits, consider changing the following:
- Fingernail biting
- Opening cans and lips with your teeth
- Teeth grinding and clenching
There is no reason you should hesitate about caring for your dental health. If anything, treating your mouth kindly equates to good general health. Therefore, in 2023, prioritize your dental health the same way you do the rest of your health. If you need help or support to make the right call regarding your resolutions, call us at Compassion Smiles Dentistry – Coppell to book an appointment today.