9 Things To Know About Topical Fluoride Treatment
Fluoride is commonly used by families in order to protect and keep their smiles healthy. Our team at Compassion Smiles in Coppell, Texas are proud to provide a wide range of preventive treatments that can help to keep teeth beautiful and feeling good. There are several misconceptions regarding fluoride treatments. Continue reading on to learn nine things you should know about topical fluoride treatments and see how our dental office can help your smile.
- FLUORIDE IS A NATURAL MINERAL. The mineral fluoride is naturally found in rocks, some bodies of water, and foods. Different locations will have different levels of fluoride.
- WORTH THE COST. The cost of a professional fluoride treatment is drastically cheaper than the cost of fixing a decayed tooth. Regular fluoride treatments help to fight against expensive and painful cavities that can easily appear.
- FIGHTS CAVITIES BY STRENGTHENING ENAMEL. Fluoride helps as it provides mineralization back to the tooth. Bacteria in our mouths causes acids to strip away the surface of the tooth’s enamel.
- NOT JUST FOR KIDS! Fluoride helps to increase the remineralization process in any smile. If you are at a higher risk for acquiring cavities, then a topical fluoride treatment can be beneficial. They also help to reduce tooth sensitivity.
- REVERSE SMALL CAVITIES! A cavity in its earliest stage can be easily stopped with effective oral hygiene and professional fluoride treatments.
- FLUORIDE TREATMENTS ARE SAFE. the fluoride treatments administered by our professional team are safe for occasional use as they are monitored by our experienced staff. They are also safe to use on children.
- DO NOT STAIN TEETH. Fluorosis only occurs when a pregnant women intakes too much fluoride.
- DO NOT HURT. A fluoride treatment is simple and easy. It involves painting on a varnish with a small brush with the help of our dentist. It only takes a couple minutes in total.
- VARNISH TREATMENT. You will only need to wait a few minutes after the professional fluoride treatment prior to eating or drinking.
If you are interested in learning more about professional fluoride treatment for your smile, then contact our Compassion Smiles in Coppell, Texas.