Dental Care During Pregnancy
Dental care during pregnancy is quite important, which is often ignored by people. Most women are concerned about whether an appointment to the dentist during pregnancy can cause harm to their child. Whether having a procedure done during pregnancy is safe. Here is all you need to know about dental care during pregnancy.
It’s OK, You Don’t Have to Skip that Dental Visit!
Rather than being detrimental to health, getting regular check-ups during pregnancy is quite important. During pregnancy, a lot of hormonal changes occur in your body making you more prone to gingivitis and periodontal disease. These diseases can even lead to bacteria spreading to your unborn child.
Therefore, Preventive dental measures are important to be taken during pregnancy to avoid oral infections. Compassion Smiles have a special family-friendly program where we aim to provide the best facilities with a safe environment for their pregnant patients.
Dental Tips During Pregnancy
- Inform your dentist about your pregnancy, and about any medications, you are taking for that cause.
- Take healthy balanced diet and include dairy products to your daily meals.
- Brush and floss regularly without a skip.
- Schedule your routine check-ups for the second trimester
- Consult the dentist as soon as you notice any changes in your gums and teeth.
Things to Consider
- While going for regular check-ups, ask your OB-GYN to examine your oral cavity as well. If in case there is an issue, contact your dentist immediately.
- While visiting your dentist make sure you have a doctor’s note from your OB-GYN.
- Get your medical history sorted. Review all the medications that you have been taking with your dentist. And inform the dentist about any medication you started taking after pregnancy.
Don’t Wait to Visit the Dentist During Pregnancy, Give us a Call!
The benefits of receiving dental care during pregnancy are far greater than the potential risks. We at Compassion Smiles strives to provide the best dental care with compassion in a calm soothing environment. We here understand the needs of a pregnant mother and have a special family-friendly environment to provide special care to pregnant women.