Top Signs You Have Gum Disease
Gum disease is a major dental issue that may cause due to bacteria present in mouth. When bacteria react with food debris, it results in formation of sticky plaque. If not cleaned at right time, it may further harden as tartar. Excess tartar can react with enamel to cause gum disease.
Right treatment of gum issues can help deal with these dental problems. If not treated at right time, it may exceed to affect your overall oral health.
Symptoms to Watch Out For
Early detection of gum disease can help get effective treatment. Some of the common signs of gum disease are:
- Loose teeth – Due to gum disease, teeth may become lose and this is because of the infection beneath the gums.
- Sensitive teeth – One may face sensitivity and discomfort while eating. It may occur because the underlying surface of the tooth is damaged.
- Bad breath – Gum disease may lead to bad breath or halitosis. This is because of accumulation of plaque.
- Bleeding gums – Red, swollen or tender gums can be a sign of gum disease. This is due to inflammation caused by bacteria
Are You at Greater Risk of Gum Disease?
An individual may have greater risk of this issue if you fall in one of these categories:
- Use of specific medication
- Poor diet that misses essential nutrition
- Excess smoking
- Other medical conditions like cancer or Aids
- Genetic disorder
- Teeth grinding
- Hormonal changes
- Anxiety and stress
A Common Problem That’s Easy to Overlook
People often take proper care of their teeth but they forget to care for their gum. Gum diseases can be pain free in early days and thus it is difficult to detect. Only with regular dental checkup, one may detect that dental disease which is not actually painful. Early detection of gum disease is essential because if proper treatment for such issues is not taken, it may exceed to create severe problems further.