Why A Regular Dental Check Up Is Important
It’s important to see the dentist in Coppell regularly as they help in keeping your gums and teeth healthy. It’s said that one should see the dentist in every 6 months for dental cleaning as well as examination. Let’s explore in detail:
What Happens at Your Dental Visit?
During your appointment, the dentist will look for cavities or decay. He may take your x-ray for diagnosis. He will also check if there’s plaque or tartar deposited on your teeth and gums. Plaque is a sticky layer on your teeth. If ignored, it can harden and become tartar, which can’t be removed by simple brushing at home.
The dentist in 75019 will then check your gums with the help of a special tool, which measures the depth of the spaces between your teeth and gums. With healthy gums, spaces are shallow, but with gum disease, it can become deeper. The dentist may also examine your tongue, throat, face, head, and neck for signs of swelling, redness, or cancer.
What You Should Do Between Each Dental Visit?
You need to take care of your teeth as much as possible between the regular dental visits.
- Brush your teeth twice a day for at least 2 minutes using toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Use a mouthwash for controlling plaque bacteria as it helps in keeping your breath fresh.
Quick Facts About a Regular Dental Check Up
- It’s important to visit the dentist regularly as they help in keeping the gums and teeth clean and healthy.
- The dental visits can be of two types- visit for cleaning and for checkup.
- The dentist will check overall health for any trouble areas.
- During the cleaning the dental professional removes any plaque and tartar buildup followed by polishing your teeth.
- The dental professional might recommend you to visit them twice a year or more, if you are at risk of developing cavities and gum disease.
You can get Dental Exams & Cleanings in Coppell, TX, from reputed dentists and hygienists who will also share tips for maintaining a good oral health.